3rd International Conference
CSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance
Sustainable Management as a New Business Paradigm
August 1-3, 2016 Cologne, Germany
Chamber of Commerce (IHK), Unter Sachsenhausen 10-26, 50667 Köln
Click Here to Download Call for Papers Flyer
Cologne Business School Global Corporate Governance Institute
IN COLLABORATION WITH:
Businesses play an important role in society, impact communities, regions as well as individuals and the environment. The processes and consequences of globalization and the economic crisis, have repositioned business approaches and growth towards more inclusive, competitive, sustainable, resource and energy efficient and environment friendly management. Business management models should adequately address the key objectives of inclusive and sustainable management, integrating economic, social, and environmental elements and considering the inter-linkages and collective impact in all three dimensions. There is an urgent need to formulate sustainable management frameworks addressing interactions and dependencies as well as tradeoffs in various focus areas. The challenge that these adjustments present, calls for the alignment of corporate social responsibility (CSR) with business strategy to create a truly sustainable approach.
The conference has been designed to understand and deal with the unprecedented impacts of CSR on the working population, society and the environment. It will facilitate the elaboration of various frameworks with the goal of developing evolutionary CSR practices. This is the 3rd CSR conference in the series, following a successful second conference at Nanjing University of Finance & Economics in 2015 on Building New Bridges between Business and Society. It will be an excellent platform to deliberate upon global themes of Corporate Social Responsibility, sustainability, ethics and governance in all their various dimensions.
The 3rd CSR conference will showcase current CSR models and practices, as well as the next
generation of issues that business leaders and society will face. The conference will gather highlevel government officials and representatives, business leaders, experts from the business community, civil society, non-profit and community based organizations, academic institutions, and other stakeholders. It provides a platform for the sharing of expectations, aspirations and responsibilities. We want to bring together representatives from various parts of the globe to share their experiences, challenges and opportunities.
Presentations, workshops and dialogue sessions will highlight state of the art topics and how issues are being addressed around the world. In addition, the conference aims to develop new frameworks, tools and techniques essential for the integration of socially responsible management in business operations, in an effort to achieve sustainability at all levels of business management.
The conference will bring together Business Leaders, Government Policy Makers, Non-Government and Community Based Organizations, Researchers and Students to discuss a broad array of topics related to corporate social responsibility, sustainability, ethics & governance across the world. A special invitation goes out to PhD candidates from social sciences, law, business, economics and others to engage in a dialogue on solutions for global challenges of Sustainable Management as a new Business Paradigm. This year’s conference will focus on, but is not limited to, the following key themes:
- CSR in Developing Markets
- Sustainable Supply Chain Management
- Practical Wisdom
- Social Innovation
- CSR & Legitimacy
- CSR & Positive Impact
- Stakeholder Management
- CSR & Organizational Management
- Sustainable Finance
- International Perspectives
- Sustainable Tourism
- CSR & Sport Management
- New Sustainable Business Models
- Social Entrepreneurship
The conference also welcomes paper submissions from all disciplines around the world on topics that help to further the discussion on CSR and Sustainability.
Research and Business Tracks:
The conference will focus on two broad tracks: Research and Business. The research track will
focus on a more academic perspective with presentation of research in the areas of CSR and
sustainability, whereas the business track will feature corporate/ NGO projects, initiatives and
In both the Research and Business tracks, the proposals can be submitted in any of the
- Full Paper (Length of the paper 8-15 pages)
- Short Paper / Work in Progress (Length of the paper 4-6 pages)
- Practitioner Presentation (1 Page Abstract)
- Abstract Submission Deadline: March 31, 2016
- Acceptance/ Review Note: March 31, 2016
- Full Paper Submission Deadline: June 30, 2016
- Author Registration: June 15, 2016
- Regular registration July 15, 2016
- Conference Dates: August 1-3, 2016
- Book and Journal Publications: Dec 31, 2016
Paper Submission Format
- Language: The use of English language is applied to all papers. No other languages are allowed.
- Page Size: Documents MUST be formatted in the A4
- Typeface: The entire paper should be written in 10-point Times New Roman. Please follow the template for heading and sub-heading styles.
- Line Spacing: All papers should follow single line spacing for the text.
All submission should be sent to Prof. René Schmidpeter
Please identify your email with subject "CSR Conference Cologne".
- All accepted papers will be published online and in CD to be accessed by all conference participants.
- Selected papers will be published at an edited book will be published by Springer in the series of CSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance.
- Selected best papers will be submitted to Journal of Corporate Social Responsibility published by Springer.
Three awards will be conferred to distinguished researchers, academician, and practitioners.
- Lifetime Contribution Award (academic)
- Lifetime Contribution Award (business)
All the delegates are requested to complete registration form after making the payments. Co-authors need to register separately.
The Registration Fee includes:
- Welcome Reception and Dinner, Lunch and Coffee breaks at the conference venue
- Certificate of Participation, Conference Badge & Kit
- Conference Proceedings (electronic copy & Printed Copy)
- Conference Gallery (Photo/ Video)
Registration fee included all conference materials, breakfasts, lunches, and coffee-tea breaks
- Business Delegates: USD 600
- Academics / Speakers: USD 375
- Student Registration: USD 150
For the Travel, Lodging & Boarding, the Participants need to make their own arrangement. Organizing committee will receive discounted rates from hotels. Information about the conference is available at www.gcg-csr.org